Monday, July 25, 2005

Another Personal Blog

Mira and I took Frankie to the Catskill Game Farm in Catskill, NY today. He loved it!

Mid-90s temperatures nestled over the entire Hudson Valley/Catskill regions this day. Fortunately, a lot of the Farm is shaded. That made the heat bearable. Just.

Frankie loved it! He said hello and good-bye to just about every animal. He laughed as I sat with him in a helicopter ride. It was the same kind of ride that my father had once sat with me in at Rye Beach Playland when I was a boy! He absolutely loved dancing through the various water spouts of the splash pit, a wonderful water amusement where the kids can beat the heat without parents swallowing their hearts every three seconds. If someone drowns at this kind of an amusement, he worked at it real hard! Frankie laughed and danced his way around every water spout.

All in all, we had a perfect summer getaway. Even if it was only for a day. If you're in the area and you need some place to bring your kids, the Game Farm is a day of amusement for a reasonable price.

Did I forget to mention the elephant shows and the Lions? How careless of me!