Thursday, August 25, 2005

Whaddayamean I'm "from the left"

Does the word militant independent and proud swing-voter mean anything to you? I'm neither Democrat nor Republican. I'm Catholic. I define swing!

Understand that when Reasonable or Foolable mouth-foamers muck up the carpet, they need a smackdown. Whether they're foaming from the political left or right!

Apparently, Mirror of Justice blogger Thomas Berg observes the same idiosyncrasy as I do:
One might think the algorithm producing the classification is based on features of the individual post: for example, on the occurrence of the words "evangelical" and "crackpot" within 12 words of each other (as happened in my post). But actually, according to Unpartisan's FAQ page, classification is of the whole site and "is determined by which types of blogs you link to and which link to you. If the majority of sites that link to you are known to be conservative and the majority of sites that you link to are known to be conservative, you get lumped in with the conservative blogs." This supposedly "tends to work close to 98% of the time" (an oddly-qualified sentence).


But what can you expect from algorithms and bots? I'm happy that unpartisan.com noticed your humble Fool!

Welcome Unpartisan.com readers! My blog is your blog!