Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm Ba-ack! Again!

Well, that worked out well, didn't it?

Dad invited me to breakfast on Thursday morning. He served me a delicious omlet made with sliced red peppers and onions. I nursed a strong cup (or two) of homemade java in my travel mug. Suddenly, it's time to race the rush-rats.

That afternoon, I worked with one of my science team partners; we beautified an ugly classroom by redistributing clean bulletin board paper over graffittied, tired paper and posting new work. Suddenly, I only had an hour or so left for dinner before parents came.

This morning, just too tired.

This afternoon, an early family dinner, followed by precipitous whailing and grinding of teeth! Nothing too serious: every now and then my Father finds the need to indulge in the melodrama of opera without singing a note. I felt a tad too exhausted to go gently into that goodnight. Fortunately, I kept my smoldering response to myself. The Blushing Bride and I discussed his latest descent into the gloom for a good portion of the evening after dinner.

Now, you know where I've been. The question is, where have you been?

Don't be shy. Que up and tell all. I triple-dog dare you!