"One might well become a holy fool oneself here! It's catching!"--Raskolnikov, from Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. Witness the musings of another Holy Fool, another follower of "God's own Fool."
Sunday, December 03, 2006
- Darkness in the East
- A Pre-Schooler's Displeasure at Dress Clothes
- Donald Rumsfeld's Curtain Call
- Pope Benedict XVI plays Aragorn Elessar
- The Essence of Meekness
- The Day After the Storms
- Stumbling at the cross
- Hezbollah Roars in Beruit
- Peggy Noonan Channels Rush...
- Pestilence Stretches
- Name: A Holy Fool
- Location: United States
I'm a humble Catholic revert and a proud American. But that's not what you really want to know, is it? You want to know about the Holy Fool thing, right? Well, while a certain mystique is good, I can say this: My wife calls me one all the time. It describes in a word the heart of my vocation. For today's fashion of reason suggests that God does not exist or does not matter. Whether by conscious principle or unconscious practice, many elites in society live such a belief in nothing publicly and consider themselves reasonable. That means living the Faith makes one a Fool. Then call me a Holy Fool! Would that I could spread my Foolishness to all the world! With your help, we will!
This Fool follows the Welborn Protocol. Any and all email and commentary correspondence may be blogged unless you request otherwise.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
- Communion and Liberation International
- Communion and Liberation US
- Cielini.org Message Board
- Cielini Blog Aggregator
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Library
- New American Bible
- New Pantagruel
- Catholic Answers
- Catherine of Siena Institute
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- National Cursillo Center (USA)
- American Chesterton Society
- Holy See
- Our Sunday Visitor
- Dr. D'Ambrosio's Crossroads Initiative