And I'm so late for this one!
Obi's Sister tagged me with a solid Christmas meme, so here's my confession:
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Why don't you make me choose between Cabernet Sauvignon and Guiness? Egg nog by a nose.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh, they're wrapped, baby! They're wrapped!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah! The Fine Young Fool hates kisses. The Blushing Bride and I don't need no stinking mistletoe. :)
5. When do you put your decorations up? We put them all up this year the week after Thanksgiving. We bought our tree Sunday before yesterday, and decorated it the next day in one night!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? The Italian Christmas Eve spectacular: the seven fish extravaganza!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Christmas day at Holland Avenue (AKA Camelot), probably '79. Granny and Poppy were still with us; they'd stayed over that holiday. It was the Christmas that they got us a Pechinco machine. I found out later that it was Japan's answer to the One-Armed Bandit. Nevertheless, my brother and I didn't have to part with a penny. All free to us!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Mom and Dad never overplayed the Santa scenario. I don't exactly remember how I learned; they probably told me when I was old enough.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The Blushing Bride's family opens all of them on Christmas Eve--old family tradition of theirs. We're still working out the opening of ours.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Blushing Bride chooses the theme: White, green, gold. We put on the lights. Then we decorate with the decorations that most correspond to the theme. She gets decorations after Christmas each year for a steal; they almost always look great on the tree the following year. Balls, Bells, santas, gift-boxes: anything's fair game.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I'm Mr. White Christmas, man!
12. Can you ice skate? In my youth.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Received or given? Received? The Lord of the Rings extended edition Trilogy and Chessmaster 10th edition.
Given? Fine Young Fool's wooden train table. He spent a month in the living room playing on it every day!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus Christ's birth; sharing that celebration with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Anything sweet will do--especially Chocolate Chip.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We had gone to Bear Mountain to see the BM Inn decorated. Unfortunately, it's been closed for renovation the last two years. Last year and this, we went to the NY Botanical Gardens to see the Train Show. FyF love's the train; we love seeing his eyes light up over them. Other traditions? a work in progress...
17. What tops your tree? This year, it's a star--with Mary's face at the center.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Night Divine!
20. Candy canes: Not even close!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? "It's a Wonderful Life"
22. What do you leave for Santa? Chocolate Chip cookies and Milk. What else is there?
I'm so late with this thing, I'm taking the easy way out.
If you've just finished reading this--tag! You're it! If you've been memed before, just pass it along to new bait--again!