Monday, November 07, 2005

I tip my hat to College Catholic!

Fidei Defensor offers me a kind compliment:
The HOLY FOOL is no fool at all! He is however something of a poet. His blog at times reminds me of John the Baptist, a voice crying out in the wilderness, but he seems a lot more personable than I imagine the good saint would have been.
I'm humbled. it's not every day I'm compared to a saint, let alone John the Baptist. (Speaking of John the Baptist, Here's an interesting Godincidence: the Blushing Bride and I married at St. John the Baptist Church in Yonkers, NY--her parish of eight years!) As to my personableness, well, I guess that's true...once I've had the first fix of java!

Let me return the favor. Fidei Defensor gives me hope. If even three in ten of his generation share his passion for the Faith, then the world will be a much better place. His insight into the cultural issues that plague us provoke well-needed thought. His defense of the Faith bows to no one. If you're looking for an encouraging read and a passionate witness to the Gospel and life of Christ in his Church, look no further than College Catholic.