Friday, January 06, 2006

O Christmas Meme

At long last, and on the last day of Christmas, I answer the clarion call of Jay Anderson's Christmas Meme:

1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?

Cider, baby!

2. Turkey or ham?

I'm still too feathered out from Thanksgiving. Ham by a mile.

3. Do you get a Fake or Real you cut it yourself christmas tree?

If it doesn't drink, it won't stand. Au Natural!


4. Decorations on the outside of your house?

The Wreathe's up on the front door. I want to put lights up next year.



5. Snowball fights or sleddin?

I'll take the sleddin. The Fine Young Fool's gonna love it some day!


6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?

Nah! Blushing Bride took several hits for the team this year on the shopping score.


7. Favorite Christmas song?

A draw: "Silent Night" and "O Night Divine"


8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?

Not much, either way

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?

Not before Advent, at the earliest.


10. Stockings before or after presents?

Haven't done the stocking thing yet.


11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?

If they come, we'll listen.


12. Go to someone elses house or they come to you?


Both. Christmas eve, My parents and brother joined the family and I upstairs. Christmas day, we trudged over the Bridge to my brother-in-law's for her family's hugh Christmas dinner.


13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?


Can't say that I have.


14. What do you do after presents and dinner?

We lounge about. The Fine Young Fool plays with his new stash.


15. What is your favorite holiday smell?

Egg Nog!


16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?

Ice skating. Trouble is, the Blushing Bride won't.


17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?

We let the FYF open his gifts Christmas Eve this year. BB's family always opened all gifts Christmas Eve. We tried it this year to make Christmas less hectic and more peaceful.


18. Favorite Christmas memory?

Christmas Eve hosted by my parents in our old house in New City. All my cousins and many of my friends tore the place up!


19. Favorite Part about winter?

Snow. And Skiing. Haven't gone in too long.


20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?

I'm certain of it.


I won't burden you with the glories of this meme as the Christmas Season concludes. Unless you want to take up this burden. I leave it up to you: if you want to be memed, consider yourself memed! If you don't have a blog, use the comment box.