Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Late Night/Early Morning Inspiration

I'm not usually up at this hour in the morning (US EST-NY, currently 1:43AM and counting). Tonight, I couldn't sleep. Maybe it was the coffee. Maybe it was the RSS feed not feeding. I don't know.

So, here I am. I hit TTLB ecosystem and found Living By Faith. Bloghost Nicole presents a metaphor for us to begin to grasp Christ's sacrifice here.

Now, my son sleeps in the room next door. I read this parable and know how far I am from our Father's love. For if it were my son, the world could whither. How could I give him up? I'm human, a sinner among sinners in the final analysis. This much of a Fool I doubt I can be. From a mightier reserve of heart than any Father could muster, our Creator poured forth his own Son like a libation, so that through his Blood we could become our Father's children again.

All I can do before the humility that is my true state of being is fall upon my knees and thank God for his gift of Jesus even as I plead for his Mercy ever new. For we are a pilgrim Church on Earth. We are residents of the Hospital, and fatal relapse awaits our lack of vigilence.