Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wow!

Excuse me while I wipe that tear from my eye.

Nick Cannon's video "Can I Live?" plays here!

If you don't like rap, SUCK IT UP! This video is the prophecy of the Laity if ever there is such a thing! The message trancends the art.

I relate personally. Somewhere a 54-year-old woman wonders what happened to her son. For in 1970 NY she made the bravest decision of her life. She let me live. She gave me my first bottle. Then she let me go. By december of that year, my parents brought me home as the first son of their family. Thirty-two years later, I would hold my first blood relative in my arms.

Roe v. Wade made abortion-on-demand available nationwide. New York had legal abortion since January of 1970. I was born on Veteran's day, 1970. Somewhere sits that once young woman, perhaps a college junior, that saved my life.

Thank you. You gave up the chance to raise me, and yet you carried me to term and gave birth to me when one appointment would have been enough to end me. Thank you.

Though I can't call you "Mom", you acted as only a true mother could that day. Thank you.

Happy Catholic had linked to another site via Open Book. I could not get the link to play, so a quick google search revealed this link.

See this video. It will give you hope that God speaks to us even from even the so-called darkest heart of popular culture and sex-saturated media. It will show you that even a scared single mother-to-be will not be abandoned by our Savior. If only she follows his voice, she will be alright.

By the way, this is the video that I had reported about here.