Sunday, July 10, 2005

Exultet on Wisdom

Rosalind reflects on that rare and precious gift here. She rightly observes that "plenty of people who are smart, experienced and talented... don't seem to be able to get out of their own way." Here's more of a a taste:
I've noticed wisdom lately. I've seen it prematurely flashing out of my children, young as they are. I honor it when it's donated to me by a friend who cares more for what is best for me than about whether I will like what is said at the moment. And, to my surprise, I sometimes hear it coming out of my own mouth.

This is the part of growing older that I just love. God has, in fact, changed me over the years. I have grown in wanting what he wants. I am able to wait for good things, having seen that God's timing works exceptionally well. I know how to communicate the truth in love better than before, because I've seen fruit of trying lots of different approaches.
Read the whole thing. You'll be glad you did.